Businesses succeed with expert help
- Credit: Archant
AN INITIATIVE launched to help people start new businesses is celebrating a 100 per cent success rate for past year.
The North Somerset Enterprise Agency (NSEA) has announced that all 13 businesses it helped to launch in March 2014 have celebrated their first anniversaries.
In addition, the five businesses launched in March 2012 with NSEA help are still trading.
In total, 73 per cent of businesses which were started up in 2012 with NSEA backing are alive today after celebrating their third anniversaries.
The NSEA is based at The Hive in Beaufighter Road in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Angela Hicks: “Starting out in business is one of the hardest things anyone will do and every business failure we see is the breakdown of someone’s business ambitions.
“So the more we can help new businesses succeed and grow, the better for the business owner and indeed for our local economy as the business grows and flourishes and creates jobs and wealth.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
“We know that starting out with some expert input increases the chance of success, however to be able to report 100 per cent success for March across one year is a fantastic result.
“We congratulate all the business owners concerned on their milestones and success and welcome the next generation of new businesses who started out with us this quarter.”
A quarter of business start-ups in North Somerset between January and March have been technology-orientated, including a digital marketing company and data storage business.
Angela said: “Our services are largely free or low-cost and we are here to help every type of business in North Somerset with any aspect of start-up or growth for which they need help.
“We have a locally-based friendly team of advisors who have a passion for helping businesses succeed so would invite anyone starting out or in their early years who would like to find out what’s available in terms of advice, support and help, to get in touch.”