Businesses urged to help coach accident passengers
- Credit: PA
SIX people were injured when their coach overturned on its way to Weston – and a company wants to organise a VIP trip to the town for those involved.
Five adults and a child suffered minor injuries on junction 13 of the M5, near Stroud, on the coach which was carrying 54 people.
The trip to Weston from Stourbridge on Tuesday had been organised by the charity Action For Children.
Karen Morledge, director of Plum Communications & PR based in Bleadon, said: “When I first heard the breaking news on Tuesday morning about a coach accident on the M5, I just had a terrible feeling that it was probably on its way to Weston for a day trip.
“My fears were later confirmed when we saw the news on the Mercury website and I just knew that we had to do something to try and help.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to be able to use our excellent local business and media contacts, to ensure that something good comes out of this awful event and I have no doubt that the business community of Weston will support this idea, to show what a fantastic place we live and work in.”
To offer any services for a day trip for the charity, contact Plum Communications & PR on 01934 812323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery