Businesses urged to help skate park funding
ORGANISERS behind plans for a skate park in Cheddar are urging businesses in the area to get involved. Cheddar Local Action Team (LAT) wants people in the village to help raise cash for the planned park at Sharpham Playing Fields
ORGANISERS behind plans for a skate park in Cheddar are urging businesses in the area to get involved.
Cheddar Local Action Team (LAT) wants people in the village to help raise cash for the planned park at Sharpham Playing Fields by organising fund-raising events.
LAT chairman Jill Male said: "One of the hardest tasks is raising the money. The sooner we get the funds together the sooner the young skateboarders and BMX riders will have a facility to use in Cheddar."
The LAT has been working with Cheddar Parish Council and police to discuss the best way to take the project forward and hopes to put a planning application in to Sedgemoor District Council soon.
You may also want to watch:
As part of its work with young people, the youth drop-in sessions will be starting again on Tuesday at the Methodist Church Hall in Cliff Street. The session for nine - 11 year olds is from 7pm until 8.30pm and the session for 12 and 13 year olds is from 8pm - 9.30pm. LAT members and volunteers are working with Somerset Rural Youth Service to try to host more activities at the Tuesday clubs.
If any residents have a special skill or interest they would like to talk to the children about at the sessions contact Jill on (01934) 740358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery