Butcombe Brewery set to develop Shipham pub
- Credit: Archant
A pub owned by Butcombe Brewery is set to be extended, with plans for a 12-bed hotel submitted to Sedgemoor District Council this week.
Shipham-based The Swan Inn could receive a single-storey extension which will add six ‘high-quality’ letting rooms, plus a further six bed spaces from the conversion of disused garages.
The pub will also receive a makeover, with a new-look entrance and reception area planned.
A spokesman said: “We very much want to keep the pub as a pub serving Butcombe Beer along with great quality pub food.
“We are building extra car parking spaces for the many walkers who use the pub and we are also providing bike sheds for the many cyclists.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be dog friendly and will welcome muddy boots.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?