Butcombe Brewery wins World Beer Award
- Credit: Archant
Butcombe Brewery plans to extend its range of drinks after winning a prize at the World Beer Awards in London.
Butcombe Original Bitter was launched in 1978 but its popularity has not diminished.
The Wrington brewers won a gold award after the bitter’s citric tones impressed the panel of industry experts.
Butcombe’s managing director Geraint Williams said: “Taking a gold award back to Bristol is a fantastic reward for the hard work we’ve put into our brewery over the last 40 years.
“It’s great to see the one of the West Country’s favourite beers achieving success on the world stage.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of our classic range, Butcombe Original Bitter has the local heritage which really makes it special.
“It has been around for a long time and will remain a staple our widening and innovative range, as we plan to launch an additional five new beers this year to cater for ever-changing tastes.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced