Cafe to open at weekends
A successful community hotspot will now be open at the weekends due to popular demand.
Yatton’s Strawberry Line Caf�, which opened at the end of last year after two years of planning and a �250,000 fund-raising drive, has been so busy in the week it will now open from 9am-4.30pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Caf� manager Simon Coles: said “We are really pleased with the support that we’ve had from everyone.
“It’s now clear that as the weather improves people want to be able to use the cafe at weekends too.”
After scooping a Wessex Watermark Award this week the charity now has another �400 to help replace an old chain link fence with railings and a seating area.
You may also want to watch:
Planning is also underway for landscaping work on the garden area after nearly �200 was raised from a quiz night.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery