Campsite is a best-seller
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-RUN campsite has fought off competition from more than 1,000 sites across the country to be named as the top seller by a camping and caravanning guide.
Petruth Paddocks, which is headed by Banwell couple Jules and Sandra Sayer, has seen visitor numbers soar by 500 per cent in the past year.
The campsite is run by Jules, Sandra and their two children, Kelly, aged 23, and Steve, aged 21.
Mr Sayer, aged 49, said: “We are over the moon.
“It is a seal of approval for all the effort we have put in. We are very grateful to all our visitors who have told other people about it and written great reviews.”
You may also want to watch:
Petruth Paddocks in Labourham Drove, Cheddar, competed against 1,050 other sites on Pitchup.com and beat its nearest competitor in bookings by 23 per cent. Turnover has also increased by nearly fourfold from £33,000 last year to £130,000 in 2014.
Dan Yates, founder of Pitchup.com, said: “Petruth Paddocks has rocketed to the top of our best-sellers list this year, thanks to its excellent location and customer-focused team.”
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation