Campsite one of the best-selling in the UK
- Credit: Sub
A campsite has been named as the best-selling site in the UK.
Cheddar Petruth Paddocks in Labourham Drove was named as the top-selling site by Pitchup.com, an outdoor accommodation website.
Its figures show the Cheddar site had 3,363 bookings this year, an increase of 136 per cent from last year.
It took more than double the number of bookings from its nearest competitor in the South West.
Owner Julian Sayer said: “We started working with Pitchup.com just three years ago so are naturally thrilled to hear that we are their biggest seller, considering they have such an impressive collection of accommodation, in all forms, throughout Europe.”
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar Petruth Paddocks offers 200 pitches, as well as a hut and canvas tents, and provides logs for open fires for visitors.
Dan Yates, founder of Pitchup.com said: “Thanks to its excellent location, less than 15 minutes from Cheddar Gorge, and customer-focused team, Cheddar Petruth Paddocks has rocketed to the top of our best-sellers list not only in the South West, but in the UK overall.”
- 1 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 5 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 6 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 7 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation