Can centre help you find the right job?
A NEW training centre in Weston is offering a variety of different skills courses to help find people the right job.
CMT Services, which provides training for adults aged 19 or over, offers a variety of courses and skill-builders which are free to those on benefits or who have pre level 2 qualifications.
Among the courses offered is the European Computer Driving License, offered in two parts to build up expertise in the basic concepts of using a computer, and key programmes such as Microsoft Word, spreadsheets and gaining an internet technology qualification.
There are also a variety of practical elements taught designed to equip candidates with the skills needed for a specific job, such as the CITB/CSCS construction skills health and safety course, aimed at preparing people to take their safety test to become construction workers.
There are also courses in industrial forklift truck operating and food hygiene covering musts in the preparation, serving and selling of food.
You may also want to watch:
The centre also offers internet access at a rate of �1 an hour, while printing and photocopying services are also available, while it also offers help in making a CV.
The centre’s Laura Daniell said: “CMT Services equip learners with skills and qualifications to enhance their employment prospects. We offer a range of pre level 2 courses.”
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Anyone interesting in attending a course should phone 0845 057 5032.