Car firm helps children’s charity project
- Credit: WellChild.
A WESTON car firm has helped out a children’s charity, making sure workers are able to get across the country to help ill youngsters and their families with vital home makeovers.
The CCR Mitsubishi dealership has loaned the charity two brand new models, which will save the organisation WellChild money which would otherwise have been spent on hire cars and train travel.
WellChild is a national charity working to ensure the best care and support is provided for children, living with long term or complex health conditions, and their families.
One of the charity’s key uses for the cars is travelling to Helping Hands projects.
This is where the group organises a team of volunteers to remodel a garden or bedroom at the family home of a seriously ill child, to make it more suitable for them and improve their quality of life.
You may also want to watch:
So far the cars have taken the Helping Hands team on more than 80 trips to visit 40 families across the UK, and overall the cars have saved WellChild a whopping £16,415 across all the trips they have been used for.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery