Carbase to support Above & Beyond charity for a year
- Credit: Archant
A Weston firm will hold fundraising events all year to raise money for Above & Beyond.
Carbase, which is based in Aisecome Way, has chosen to support the official charity for Bristol city centre hospitals.
The firm kicked off its fundraising with a summer party and staff have raised more than £1,500 so far by raffling a day of annual leave.
The money will go to the Dolphin Ward at Bristol Children’s Hospital – the cardiac specialist ward.
Carbase and its partner Auto Trader also donated a further £1,500 to the play department to pay for more toys for all the wards.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Veale, Carbase’s general manager, said: “Having one of our staff with first-hand experience of the fantastic work undertaken by all the staff at the Bristol Children’s Hospital it seemed the natural thing to do to support this very worthy cause.
“Above & Beyond is specifically aimed at supporting the individual wards and as such fully understand the day to day needs and requirements.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
“Our last donation went towards the simple things like crayons, paper and pens etc. which are not supplied by the NHS.
“Carbase has a huge link with the city of Bristol and therefore we see this as the best fit for the monies raised by the various events and challenges we run throughout the year.
“Having visited the wards personally I feel very strongly that this is the best recipient of the monies and we will continue to raise as much as possible, as frequently as possible.”
Catherine Harris, corporate partnerships fundraising officer from Above & Beyond, thanked the firm.
She said: “It’s great to have been chosen as the Carbase charity of the year and we’re really grateful for the effort they’re already putting into their fundraising.
“A small event like raffling a day of annual leave can raise a huge amount of money for the children’s hospital and the staff on Dolphin Ward will ensure it is spent on exactly what the ward needs.
“It’s only thanks to the support of businesses such as these that we can continue to go above and beyond for Bristol’s hospitals.”
Any companies interested in raising funds for the charity, can contact Catherine Harris on email@example.com