Card shop nominated as best in South West
- Credit: sub
A GREETING card retailer from Burnham has been given a stamp of approval, with the business reaching the final of a prestigious national competition.
Sentiments, based in Burnham High Street, has been shortlisted as one of the best greeting card retailers in the South West for this year’s Retas, the industry’s only national awards event.
Lauren Keen, the shop manager, has also been nominated in the category of employee of the year. It is the second time in two years both have reached the finals of the awards.
The shop has been owned by John and Karen Lyons since April 2012. Since taking over the couple have brought in a number of niche gifts and card choices.
Mr Lyons said: “I am absolutely thrilled for us to reach the finals for the second straight year, and this reflects the tremendous effort and hard work put in by the whole team in that period.”
You may also want to watch:
The overall winners will be announced at an awards lunch at the Dorchester Hotel in London on July 9.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people