Care home among UK’s best
- Credit: Archant
A CARE home in Weston has been named as the seventh best in the whole of the UK.
Lyndhurst Park, in Severn Road, has been ranked as the best in the South West and seventh best in the nation.
The rating is part of research undertaken by carehome.co.uk, an online guide to care homes across the country.
It asked friends and family members to give feedback on care homes their loved-ones live in.
Lyndhurst Park was rated on its overall standard, facilities, care and support, cleanliness, treatment of residents and more.
You may also want to watch:
Its managers, Gordon and Ann Butcher, said: “We are over the moon by this recognition, more so since it comes from the residents and their family members.
“More than 60 per cent of our staff have been with us for nine years or more and it’s that stability which provides the constancy to Lyndhurt’s ethos of care and high standards.
- 1 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 5 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
“With the current healthcare landscape looking towards the larger care facilities it’s nice to see the smaller nursing homes still have a respected place within the sector.
“In today’s mercurial climate of having to balance near stagnating fees with ever greater demands for high-quality care, providers constantly feel under pressure to maintain and exceed expectations.
“So, again, it’s heartening to be appreciated by those we care for in such an open medium.”
Director of carehome.co.uk, Davina Ludlow, said: “Lyndhurst Park care home has proved that it provides great care and we’d like to congratulate it on being the seventh best recommended home in the UK and first in the South West of England. It’s a fantastic achievement.”