Celebration for Karen
A MCDONALD’S employee celebrated being one of more than 400, from across the UK over the age of 40 to receive an apprenticeship.
The international fast food chain offers qualifications to its staff so that they can not only learn and earn in tougher economic times, but can choose to study at a stage in their life when it is convenient for them.
The education programme on offer includes nationally-recognised qualifications in maths and English, apprenticeships and a diploma in shift management.
Karen Upward, aged 48, received the apprenticeship and works in the Worle restaurant.
She said: “The opportunity to embark on the apprenticeship programme came at just the right time.
You may also want to watch:
“I was keen to challenge myself and felt ready to start learning again, so having the chance to do just that while still working meant it fitted in really well with my day to day life and family commitments.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston