Plans approved for new fish and chip shop in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A former Weston carpet store will be converted into a ‘traditional’ fish and chip shop.
Ryan Charalambous has received planning permission from North Somerset Council to redevelop the vacant Biddiscombes shop, in Winterstoke Road, into a 'quality' takeaway.
The applicant will split the building into two units, with hopes of luring a second food trader to occupy the site.
The council's case officer, Ellena Fletcher, wrote: "It is considered the site is suitable for the proposed development and is unlikely to adversely harm the surrounding area.
"The proposals would make use of an existing vacant unit and would enhance the appearance of the building.
You may also want to watch:
"The council's environmental health officer did not have any objections to the proposal.
"Therefore, the proposal wouldn't result in a significant adverse impact upon the living conditions of neighbours."
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery