Opening of climbing centre at Dolphin Square nears
- Credit: Archant
The latest attraction opening at Weston-super-Mare’s Dolphin Square is starting to take shape.
Clip N Climb is set to welcome its first customers in the coming weeks, offering thrill-seekers the chance to ascend climbing walls up to 30ft tall.
The attraction has been well received by Westonians on social media who have often lamented a lack of things to do in the town centre.
Clip N Climb will join the likes of Cineworld, Nando’s, Pizza Express and Loco Mexicano at the Oxford Street leisure hub.
Owner Nick Mussell is pleased to see the project taking shape.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Some of our climbing walls are up to 30ft tall, with the platform from which you jump the ‘Leap of Faith’ being 18ft high, so not something that can be taken up the stairs.
“To get the equipment in, we took out a floor-to-ceiling window, using a crane to lift the walls up to the new centre. It’s really starting to come together, and we’ve had amazing local support.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Planking your way to better health
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 10 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic