New shop opens in Milton Road
- Credit: Archant
A new convenience store has opened on Weston’s Milton Road.
Radstock Co-operative Society opened a shop adjacent to Vets4Pets on February 22, offering a range of groceries to customers.
The store was opened by students from Ashcombe Primary School, and the independent co-operative retailer marked the occasion with a £250 donation to the school.
Chief executive Don Morris said he is ‘delighted’ to open the group’s first store in North Somerset – the 18th in its portfolio.
He added: “As a co-operative business, we are committed to supporting the communities in which we serve.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that we have started this journey by inviting the local school to participate in the launch of the Milton Road store.
“We have also been able to bring job opportunities to local residents and have employed over thirteen people to work in our store.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable