College presents ‘Oscars’ business training
AN OSCARS-STYLE awards ceremony for businesses involved in the training of young people will be hosted by Weston College.
The Excellence in Business Training Awards event will recognises partnerships forged between the college and businesses across North Somerset to deliver excellent training provision and jobs for young people.
The awards evening, which will be held on Thursday at DoubleTree by Hilton Cadbury House hotel and spa, in Congresbury, will showcases apprentices and students who have distinguished themselves during training.
Categories include business employer of the year, care learner of the year and social enterprise employer of the Year.
The event will also include guest speaker Graham Turner, chief executive of North Somerset Council, who serves as an apprenticeship ambassador for the National Apprenticeship Service.
You may also want to watch:
Weston College principal, Dr Paul Phillips, said: “This evening recognises and rewards many successes and achievements obtained as a result of investment in training.”
A huge growth in the number of apprenticeships has been seen at Weston College as young people look for alternatives in a tough job market.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
Applications went up by 113 per cent at the College in 2011 and interest continues to build this year.