College student opens ‘dream’ beauty salon in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A former Weston College student has opened her own beauty salon in the town and credits her education at the college for her success.
Jessica Stagg studied hair and beauty at the college before heading to London to gain some crucial experience at professional salons.
Jessica has now opened Essential Beauty and Aesthetics on Knightstone Island and was handed a five-star rating from the Good Salon Guide at her grand opening.
She said: “I didn’t like being at school because the subjects didn’t interest me, but going to Weston College showed me that there are many more options than the traditional academic routes.
“The college lecturers helped me find a course I was interested in and motivated me towards this career path.”
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Bull, curriculum co-ordinator for Weston College’s hair and beauty provision, said: “It is always fantastic to hear from our former students who have gone on to apply the skills they learned at the college.”
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston