Tech firm confirms move to Weston by end of the year
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm is expecting to move to Weston by the end of the year.
Costain, which is based in Yatton, will expand its technology centre by moving to Weston Gateway Business Park, and expects 150 staff to move in the next six months.
The site, near junction 21 of the M5, houses offices used by Liverty, formerly Knightstone Housing, and the Super Mare pub.
Another office block, called Enterprise House, was supposed to be built in 2015, but the project was hit by delays since the contractor Dowlas could not find a company to rent the building.
North Somerset Council is spending £6million to buy the land and build the offices, which will be rented by Costain.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Wyllie, Costain chief executive, said: “The further expansion of our technology capability through this enlarged group-wide facility, is another important step towards establishing Costain as the UK’s leading smart infrastructure company.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 9 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance