Council closes parks, carparks and recycling centres
Car parks, play areas and recycling centres in North Somerset have closed today following last night’s government announcement.
North Somerset Council has closed all three of its recycling centres at Backwell, Portishead and Weston until further notice.
Trips to recycling centres are not included on the government list of essential reasons for travel.
Play areas are also being closed to ensure any visits to parks are only for the purposes of exercise as outlined by government. Residents should not attempt to use any play areas until further notice.
Nine car parks are also being closed to reduce the opportunity for people to visit areas that are not associated with the acceptable reasons for travel.
You may also want to watch:
The measures will remain in place until further notice to support the additional social distancing measures and protect lives.
Residents are urged to comply with government advice. They are:
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
*Bus Terminus, Kewstoke/Sand Bay
*Beach Road (opposite Commodore), Kewstoke/Sand Bay
*Marine Parade, Weston-super-Mare
*Uphill Beach, Uphill
*Knightstone Causeway, Weston-super-Mare (access will remain for residents)
*Worlebury Woods, Weston-super-Mare
*Kilkenny Fields and cricket club car park Lake Grounds, Portishead.