Council make top-100 list
NORTH Somerset Council has been ranked as one of the country’s best 100 apprentice employers.
It was one of eight councils to make the list, which was announced at the National Apprenticeship Service awards ceremony in Birmingham earlier this month.
The authority currently employs 20 apprentices and hopes to welcome nine more in the coming months.
Council leader Nigel Ashton said: “We attract talented young people who join us with a diverse range of qualities and skills, bringing with them a fresh outlook and approach to work.
“They are enthusiastic and innovative, have new ideas and ways of thinking, and show a great deal of initiative.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to retaining them in the organisation and, whilst we do not guarantee them employment at the end of their contracts, we operate a succession planning scheme.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery