Couple open new funeral company
- Credit: Archant
A NEW funeral company has been opened in Weston by a husband and wife team.
Howard Goodman Funeral Director in the Boulevard has been opened by Martin and Tracey Challenor after planning the business for two years, and they have renovated and restored the inside of the Hans Price-designed building formerly occupied by Weston Super Sports.
Mrs Challenor said: “Having been in the industry some years, we wanted to do something really personal. We feel when someone dies, an awful lot of power is handed to the director.
“People feel like they have to do things a certain way but it can be as personal as they want it to be.
“We think funerals have become processed, but we don’t want to process anyone.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a very individual and personal thing and that’s what we want to bring to people.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 7 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset