Craft shop opens for business in Orchard Street
- Credit: Archant
A unique craft shop has opened in Weston this month.
Orchard Treasures, based in Orchard Street, is a craft and gift shop, which sells a variety of homemade items.
The shop operates a ‘rent-a-shelf’ system, offering crafters the chance to showcase and sell their items on their own shelf for £5 per week.
The shop currently has 60 crafters selling their items, but there is still 20 vacant shelves, with burgeoning crafters encouraged to visit the store to see if their items are suitable.
Store owner Rebecca Clark said: “We are a gift shop and everything here is handmade by local and occasionally distant crafters.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got so many different things in the shop including jewellery, chocolate, canvasses, clocks and tea cosies. We’ve even got a pick-and-mix stall.
“We’re really pleased, it’s been a great start.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 4 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance