Designer duo launch new business
A DYNAMIC duo have launched their own business and are appealing for aspiring designers to join them.
Pete Martin, aged 22, of Winscombe, and 23-year-old Yatton resident, Sam Tucker, are the directors of Johnny Casio Design, a branding and creative consultancy.
Pete said: “We have been working on a number of small design projects and work is gradually building.
“We are proud of where we come from and feel there is a huge wealth of artistic talent in the area.
“We believe that talent can be easily wasted and many jobs don’t give people that freedom of expression that they are eager to unleash.”
You may also want to watch:
The friends, who both went to Churchill Community School sixth form before going to university, are asking budding creators to come up with a design, using only one colour, and to send it to them.
The pair will then review the designs and successful submissions will be printed on T-shirts and sold online – with the artist receiving a percentage of the sale.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Pete comes from a marketing, advertising, digital and print background and Sam has a fine art and visual communication background.
Pete added: “Our minds meet in the middle and we each have a large weight of industry experience behind us, having worked for prestigious brands including adidas.”
For more details visit www.johnnycasio.co.uk