Developer supports scout group with donation to help ‘deliver exciting experiences’
- Credit: Archant
A housebuilder has made a ‘hugely important’ donation to a scout group.
Bellway has given 1st Banwell Scouts 36 high-vis vests which will prove invaluable for the youngsters treks and expeditions.
Scout leader John Baker said 'Bellway's contribution is hugely important'.
He added: "Each week we give our young people the opportunity to enjoy fun and adventures outdoors safely, so this donation from Bellway is very helpful.
"This means we can go on hikes at Crook Peak, practise bush craft skills in the woods and cycle along the Strawberry Line in the dark.
You may also want to watch:
"The jackets would have cost us £200 so this donation allows us to use our funds to deliver exciting experiences for the young people."
Rachel Way, sales manager for Bellway South West, said: "The donation we have made to the scouts make their trips and hikes safer is one of the ways we can help enhance the local community in which we are building."
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance