Dolphin Square building work ‘will finish in mid-August’ but opening date yet to be confirmed
- Credit: Archant
Construction work at Weston-super-Mare’s Dolphin Square development will be completed in August, but it is not known when its various occupiers will open for business.
Westonians have been eagerly awaiting the completion of the Dolphin Square development phase three, which began in 2015, and will include popular chain restaurants like Nando’s and Pizza Express, a Cineworld cinema, and an indoor climbing centre.
But a specific date for the £45million complex’s grand opening is yet to be confirmed.
McLaren Life, the developer which is leading the project, told the Mercury construction of the building will be completed by the end of the summer.
A spokesman said: “Building work at Dolphin Square will be finished in mid-August.
You may also want to watch:
“People will start fitting stores from then. Each occupier will do their own fitting out.”
The spokesman added the cinema ‘will be open before Christmas’.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Planking your way to better health
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery