Dolphin Square start ‘imminent’
WORK on a three-stage revamp of a Weston shopping centre is to start ‘imminently’, according to the developer behind the �35million plan.
McLaren Life says work on the first part of the project – a 112-bedroom Premier Inn Hotel and Brewers Fayre restaurant on Beach Road car park – will begin very soon.
The hotel will be followed by the expansion of Carlton Street car park in November and then the rebuild of Dolphin Square shopping centre next year.
The centre has had strong commercial backing, with Vue Cinema, Anytime Fitness, First Bowl and three family restaurant chains signed up as operators.
The whole scheme, approved by North Somerset Council in April, is set for a targeted finish of spring 2013.
You may also want to watch:
This week, following concerns by residents that work had not yet started, a spokesman for McLaren Life pledged that ‘work is to start imminently’.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 6 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 10 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?