Dragon's Den star stays over at Cadbury House
ONE of the country s most recognisable businessmen stayed over at Cadbury House Hotel Health Club and Spa in Congresbury.
ONE of the country's most recognisable businessmen stayed over at Cadbury House Hotel Health Club and Spa in Congresbury.
Theo Paphitis, a member from the panel of one of TV's toughest business shows, Dragon's Den, stayed at the four-star hotel when he attended the Axentis Michael Memorial Ball held at the Winter Gardens, Weston, last month.
The ball, which started in 2004, is held every two years in memory of hotelier Axentis Michael, who died in 2003, and has raised tens of thousands of pounds for charity.
Theo, an icon for many aspiring entrepreneurs, heads stationers Ryman and Partners, lingerie chains Contessa and La Senza as well as the Red Letter Days gift business with fellow Dragon, Peter Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Group general manager at Cadbury House, Mark Hands, said: "It was great that such a high-profile business man like Mr Paphitis chose to stay at Cadbury House.
"While we were chatting he commented that Cadbury House was by far the best hotel he has stayed in across the region and wished us all the best with the extension, particularly as North Somerset needs more hotels of this standard if it is to compete in the market place."
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
The extension, which will cost �5million, will be built at the rear of the hotel. It will create 50 new jobs and increase the number of rooms by 44, taking it up to a capacity of 116.