Dreams come true for cake and flower trio
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare family opened the doors to their new cake and flower business on Saturday.
After two years of searching for a suitable space to launch the new project, Maureen Pincott and her two daughters, Sara Pincott and Joanne Anderson, have opened their dream business Mrs Bouquet.
The family welcomed Weston’s mayor and mayoress to cut the ribbon to unveil their Milton Road shop.
The shop has always been a dream for the family, and the trio decided to make it come true after Joanne was made redundant from her full-time job.
The keen bakers say there is a demand for cakes and flowers in the area, and aim to bring a unique twist to their business by combining the two.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen, who previously owned a flower shop in Winscombe, before giving it up to focus on being a grandmother, cried tears of pride and joy as the ribbon was cut by mayor Alan Peak.
The sisters told the Mercury: “We are all about making dreams come true. We want to inspire people to learn and follow their own dreams.”
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
The trio hopes to forge links with Weston College and other businesses to create opportunities for others.
The business will be kept in the family, with Sara and Joanne’s children working in the front of the shop.