Last chance for food festival bursary
- Credit: Eleanor Young
There is just one week remaining for new businesses to apply for the Eat: Festivals bursary.
Beverley and Sarah Milner Simonds have teamed up with Thatchers Cider to offer businesses the chance to its first steps into trading.
The bursary aims to encourage business start-ups and entrepreneurial spirit in the area.
It will include a free pitch at the food festivals as well as support from the organisers and designers throughout the year.
The bursary, sponsored by the fourth-generation cider-maker, is for food and drink producers who have not engaged in retail trade before.
You may also want to watch:
Festival co-organiser Sarah Milner Simonds said: “We recognise we have an opportunity to assist in developing the skills, abilities and knowledge of all food and drink producers.”
Applications must be submitted by February 23.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery