Eat: Weston shortlisted for regional award
- Credit: Orbit Photography
The team behind eat: Weston is celebrating after being shortlisted for a regional award.
Eat: Weston is one of nine Somerset businesses to have made it through to the regional finals of the Rural Business Awards.
Now in its fourth year, the awards recognise the contribution firms make to the regional and national economy.
Eat: Weston festival co-organiser Sarah Milner Simonds said: “Recognition for the effort we put in year round to make the festivals welcoming, safe and meeting our community goals is really welcome.
“We are a really small team and this finalist status is evident we are punching above our weight in terms of economic impact regionally.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 13 awards up for grabs across education, retail, manufacturing and food and drink.
The awards will be held at Bath Racecourse on October 18 and the national finals in February next year.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery