Estate agent treasure hunt boosts charity
- Credit: Archant
MAYFAIR Town & Country has given Bone Cancer Research a financial boost.
The Weston firm, based in the Boulevard, has raised £1,000 – with Lloyds Bank likely to double it.
Mayfair staff took part in a treasure hunt around the town. Teams were given clues and a time limit to complete all the challenges.
The estate agent decided to raise money for the Bone Cancer Research charity in memory of Mary Collard. As previously reported by the Mercury, Mary died aged 11 from the illness, and her Worle-based parents Sue and Andy have raised awareness ever since.
Mayfair has confirmed it will have a team compete in Weston Hospicecare’s colour run later this year too, as it seeks to help the Uphill charity.
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Powell said: “We are committed to continuing our charity work within our local communities. The bigger the business grows, the more we’ll put back.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?