Estate agents celebrate 25 years
- Credit: Avery
AN ESTATE agents is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year with a makeover.
Daren Podbury joined forces with Sarah and Robert Tyson in 1988 and set up Avery Estate Agents in Milton.
A quarter of a century on and the Milton Road firm continues to prosper – more so than the housing market has done in recent years.
The shop’s exterior has recently been refurbished as part of the anniversary celebrations and a new logo commemorating the achievement has been drawn up.
Several events are planned to mark the occasion with the highlight being the fifth grand charity ball in aid of the special care baby unit in Bristol. About £80,000 has been raised for the St Michael’s Hospital unit in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah said: “All at Avery would like to thank the people of Weston, Worle and surrounding villages for not only supporting us from the very start but for continuing to return to us again and again and recommending our services to family and friends alike.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 4 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?