Evening events planned for town centre
- Credit: Archant
STREET games, food and drink offers and late-night shopping will all be introduced in Weston town centre this summer.
A new initiative, called Alive After 5ive, has been launched by North Somerset Council and Weston Business Improvement District to create more early evening attractions for families to enjoy.
Among the planned events will be a series of informal street games where children and young people can try out various sports.
These free sessions will take place between 4pm and 7pm on five Wednesdays in the summer holidays in the Town Square.
The programme will start on July 29 with a tennis-themed evening and a session with Sway Dance street dance.
You may also want to watch:
On August 5 there will be a soccer evening put together by Weston Football Club.
The following Wednesday will offer a chance to try out martial arts with Combat Gym, and Sway Dance cheerleading group will also feature.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
Cricket will be the theme for the August 19 session, thanks to Weston Cricket Club.
The final session on August 26 will be a rugby-themed evening hosted by Weston Rugby Club.
On these evenings the shops in the town centre will stay open until 8pm and parking will be available in the Sovereign Shopping Centre car park until 9pm.
Various restaurants and cafés will also be offering discounts and deals on those evenings.
North Somerset Council’s executive member for community safety Felicity Baker said: “There will be lots going on so come along and join in the fun and enjoy a summer evening out in the town centre.”