Event to attract jobs to town
- Credit: Archant
A LITANY of Weston’s biggest business leaders will host an event highlighting the strengths of commerce and industry in the area.
Speakers from the public, education, property, commercial and enterprise sectors will give talks at the Weston Showcase, as well as discuss key issues.
The showcase will be held on Tuesday at the Winter Gardens from 10am to 2pm.
A spokesman for the event said: “The award-winning Weston Showcase is back, following the overwhelming success of last year’s event, to highlight the significant progress and opportunities for business in Weston.
“The event is aimed at businesses looking to expand or relocate, those looking for investment opportunities or having an interest in commercial developments coming forward in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Exhibitors attending include Dowlas, St Modwen, McLaren Life, Bristol Airport, North Somerset Enterprise Agency, Midas, Weston BID and Weston College.
There will also be a coach tour around the junction 21 enterprise area, stopping off at several locations including the newly completed Knightstone Housing regional office at Weston Gateway, Locking Parklands, Weston Airfield and Weston College.
- 1 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 7 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 8 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
Cllr Elfan Ap Rees, North Somerset Council’s deputy leader and executive member for economic development, said: “This showcase is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to find out about the benefits of coming to Weston.
“With business growth in other parts of the country stalling, Weston is an exception with developments actually taking place on the ground.
“We have 72 hectares of employment land ready to go, benefiting from planning permission, great communication links, the multi-million pound road improvements around the M5 junction 21 underway and a highly skilled local workforce.
“Weston is thriving and growing and there’s never been a better time to locate or expand your business here.”
For more information go to http://innorthsomerset.co.uk/whats-on/weston-showcase-2013