Events to show best of Weston
THE best handmade products made in Weston and North Somerset will be available to buy at a series of events.
The Made in Weston events will feature stalls selling goods made by independent craftsmen from the area, and is aiming to rekindle peoples’ interest in handmade products.
The events will be run alongside several other organisations in the town, such as the Weston Lions Club and Weston Museum.
Organiser Abbie Edbrooke said: “So often the craftspeople in our area feel unsupported and look to Bristol and further afield as they lack the acknowledgement in their local town.
“This is set to change, with Made in Weston not only seeking new opportunities on behalf of its members but looking to their specialist talents to inform local
You may also want to watch:
people and revive an interest in the handmade.
“We hope that everyone can get involved in supporting them, especially as the seafront revival has helped to raise the profile of Weston as a tourist destination.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
From August 12-14 Made in Weston will be at Beach Lawns alongside the Weston Lions Real Ale and Cider Festival.
The next event will be an outdoor one in the town’s Italian Gardens on August 27, between 10am and 4pm, while on September 17 the group will hold the first ever indoor market at Weston Museum in Burlington Street.
The group’s final event of the year in Weston will be back at the Winter Gardens on November 12.
If you are a local businessman who wants to become part of Made in Weston, you can book your stall by applying online at www.madeinweston.co.uk