Ex-journalist launches new PR firm
A FORMER journalist from Weston has overcome the blow of being made redundant by establishing her own public relations firm.
Vicki FitzGerald, aged 30, set up Paramount PR, a consultancy in the resort, after being made redundant from the Bristol Evening Post.
The mum-of-two felt with unemployment levels at their highest level since 1994, she would put her skills to use and set up her own business.
Mrs FitzGerald, a former Priory Community School pupil, said: “People say that being made redundant is the best thing that could have happened to them and I agree.
“This has been a positive life change allowing me to set up my own company and to devote more time to my two young children.
You may also want to watch:
“I can now use the skills I have developed in the past nine years to help businesses who do not have the time to handle their own publicity.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset