Facelift for pub
A POPULAR watering hole has taken on a new look thanks to a major revamp.
Adrian Clarke and Sonia Reed took over the Golden Lion in Worle High Street about three months ago and are helping to give it a �170,000 overhaul.
It is the first time the couple have worked together, with Sonia having come from a customer service background.
The Enterprise Inns pub has had a complete refit inside, including some structural work, and in the coming months the outside will get a makeover, including the beer garden in time for the summer.
Adrian, a former Priory Community School pupil, has been in the hospitality industry for 14 years.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are really concentrating on food, with posh pub grub in the evenings and live music some nights too.
“Our chef is one of the best there is.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
“The pub is the complete opposite of what it was before, but there is still a sports element separate from the restaurant.”