Family walks lead to new venture
A WORLEBURY family’s love of walking has resulted in it creating a new tourism venture.
Stuart and Helen Diamond, of Woodspring Avenue, and their daughters Ella and Freya are using their local knowledge of the Somerset landscape to set up a walking business.
“We have lived in Somerset all of our lives, and enjoy the surrounding countryside and counties,” said Stuart.
“We also spend most of our summer weekends lounging and surfing on the North Devon coast.
“We decided that we wanted to give visitors to this area the opportunity to appreciate its beauty for themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“So using our local knowledge and our own favourite locations and walks, we’ve developed a family walking business that will provide interesting and stress free holidays for all seasons.
“We have been researching the walks and stories and reviewing the routes for two years, so that we are now ready to launch.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
The business called Walkmoor Walking Holidays began operating at the beginning of March and the family said it has had ‘strong’ feedback so far.
Stuart added: “Whilst there are many providers of walking holidays, the majority are bland and corporate or only provide simple route directions and cheap accommodation.
“We are plugging the gap, providing luxury accommodation and detailed walk packs that engage the client with knowledge and folklore.
“We have taken time to consider every detail of our holidays, since we recognise how important breaks away from it all are.”
The holidays are designed for all seasons and explore the smaller Somerset hills, including the Mendips and Quantocks, the coast and moor of Exmoor and North Devon’s Gold Coast.
In addition the family also include cities which provide instant access to the countryside, including Bath, Bristol and Wells.