‘Fantastic’ charity golf day
- Credit: Archant
A CONGRESBURY health club hosted a golf day to raise money for a Weston charity.
theclub at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, hosted its annual golf day, which took place at Mendip Springs Golf Club in Honeyhall Lane, and raised £500 for Weston Hospicecare.
Some 20 teams, the majority of which were from nearby businesses, teed off on the day.
As was the case in previous years, the day had its own theme with members of each team wearing either an orange, black or white item of clothing.
The colour scheme was designed to reflect the health club’s own colours, as well as those of the event’s co-host, the Black and White Hospitality company.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Tom Horton was ‘delighted’ with the event’s turnout and the amount raised for the hospice, which is based in Thornbury Road, Uphill.
He said: “It was a fantastic day and we were delighted with the number of teams which entered.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 5 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 7 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 8 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Club news from across Weston and Somerset
“It’s a great way for businesses to get together in an informal setting while enjoying a great day of golf, and the money raised for the hospice was a real bonus.”