Fashion fiesta for spring
- Credit: Archant
GLAMOROUS Hollywood-style attire was shown off by staff at Walker & Ling as part of its huge fashion fiesta event.
The store, in High Street in Weston, held a two-day event to mark the beginning of the new fashion season.
The store’s manager, Sam Walker, said: “We had lots of cake and there were a lot of people. We had balloons as well which we gave out to all the little ones.
“We had all of our ladies dressed up, so ordinarily they would wear their staff uniforms but some of them modelled across the event and were wearing the latest fashions for this season.
“The best bit for us was probably dressing up and showing off our range a bit to customers coming in.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a big balloon arch outside and there was a busker just outside the shop who was singing in the sunshine too which was fantastic.”
The department store, which celebrated its 110th birthday in October last year, also held a prize draw for customers offering vouchers, bottles of wine and discounts on its latest spring and summer range.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters