Festival to celebrate creative flair
- Credit: Archant
CAKE decorating, musical events and brewery tours are just some of the events that could return for the third annual Made in North Somerset event.
They were among the activities that visitors could attend last year as a celebration of the wonderful creative flair and local entrepreneurial talents that the region has to offer.
The three-week festival, organised by North Somerset Council’s economic development team, will take place between September 14 and October 6.
Businesses and organisations are now being asked to come forward and get involved.
Cllr Elfan Ap Rees, deputy leader of the council, said: “We know that people are increasingly looking for local, fresh and traceable products and we want to demonstrate through this festival that these items are already available on many people’s doorsteps.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are keen for businesses to show how they go about making their products.
Independent cafés, restaurants and galleries can also get involved if they wish to display North Somerset-made items.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
The climax will see a two-day market at the Tyntesfield Estate in Wraxall as the region’s finest food producers and artisans are housed under one roof.
The deadline for entries is June 24. To register interest visit www.innorthsomerset.co.uk/madein or call 01934 426341.