Festive window competition
CHRISTMAS-SPIRITED companies could be in with the chance of winning a regional competition if their festive-themed window is voted the best in the area.
Businesses across North Somerset can enter to win a cash prize as long as they are independent.
All they need to do is email their photo to email@example.com and it will be put onto a website at www.theretailoperation.co.uk so people can vote.
The competition has been set up by retail consultant Tony Pass, of The Retail Operation.
He works with independent retailers in North Somerset and has worked in retail for 30 years and lived in Weston for 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
There is a cash prize of �100 and a free consultation for the winner, which can be a free website design, training on how to use social media for business or 10 top tips to improve sales in their business.
The second prize is �50 cash.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
Tony said: “Times are tough in retail and the independent shops do not have the big budgets that the multiples have.
“To compete I believe independent shops have to adapt to the changing way customers are shopping.
“I want them to engage with customers through websites, social media and local advertising.
“Let’s shout about what we have in the area. Local shopping is good for the whole community.” The Christmas shop window competition is designed to encourage local shops to light up the shopping areas with exciting displays.
The winner will be selected on who displays the most suitable festive window for the products they sell.