Fhoss gains national safety award
- Credit: Tom Howard
AN INNOVATIVE Weston-based business has been recognised for revolutionising safety wear.
Fhoss is state-of-the-art protective clothing which enables workers to be seen at night without the need for reflective light.
The company’s safety wear has a concealed battery which powers the bright strips on the clothing and enables workers to be seen up to a mile and a half away.
The company has gone from strength to strength since its beginnings in 2012, and now supplies its product to huge companies such as Balfour Beatty, Network Rail and more.
Fhoss’ most recent accolade is the title of Safety Initiative Of The Year at the International Tunnelling Awards.
The company’s chief executive Andrew Kimitri said: “To be recognised on a national level by some of the leading players in the market for our powered light safety wear is a great endorsement.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the second award we have won in the past couple of months and it is fantastic to end 2014 on such a high note.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston