Firm reaches 50-year anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A NORTH Somerset firm which represents the rich and famous is celebrating its 50th birthday.
The Gordon Poole Agency in Brockley has provided speakers for corporate and media projects around the world since starting out in Bath in 1963.
Last week it helped arrange for world-famous explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes to attend the North Somerset Business Awards at Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House.
The family business, run by managing director Gordon Poole and his son James, represents a number of famous figures including The Apprentice star Karren Brady.
James said: “I have seen many companies within my industry lose staff, lose clients and many of them fold because they have not adapted to change. Change can be many things, whether it was having a website in the mid-1990s and using email, taking the leap into social media and having an app or just changing your service.
You may also want to watch:
“These are all things that your competitors will be doing and if you do not keep one step ahead of your competition, the avoidance of change can bring any business down.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced