Firm up for national industry prize
A WESTON firm has been shortlisted for an award for its efforts to ensure the construction industry remains a safe environment to work in.
Fhoss Technology is in line to scoop a British Construction Industry prize for its new personal protective equipment (PPE) line. The winners will be announced in October.
Executive chairman Andy Kimitri said the company was delighted to be nominated.
He said: “We launched an illuminated clothing range in March that helps equipment operators see workers in the dark, even if there is no other light around, and also ensures they can see where they are walking too.
“This is the next generation of PPE and several steps on from the high visibility jackets, trousers and vests workers wear that have been around for more than 50 years.
You may also want to watch:
“This isn’t just reflective clothing, it is one step ahead, or even a giant leap forward.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 4 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance