First look at new JD Sports store due to open in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare’s new JD Sports store will open in the Sovereign Shopping Centre tomorrow (Saturday), and the Mercury took an exclusive first look at the new shop before it opens to the public.
The fashion retailer has moved into a large unit in the Sovereign Centre, which was created by merging two smaller units formerly occupied by plus-size clothing shop Evans and music and DVD store That’s Entertainment.
‘The king of trainers’, which already held a smaller shop in the shopping centre, will open at 9am tomorrow.
Work to merge the units began in January, and staff have been working hard to fit the new shop before its shutters roll up for the first time.
The store stocks popular brands like Adidas, Nike and Ellesse.
You may also want to watch:
In January, Sovereign Centre manager Nick Cooke said JD Sports had been ‘under-spaced for quite some time’, and that he was ‘delighted’ JD was expanding its offering.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston