First look inside Dolphin Square
- Credit: Archant
The Mercury has been given exclusive access to Dolphin Square today (Tuesday) to take a first look as Weston’s £45million complex nears completion.
The development’s leisure phase has been taking shape for more than a year after building work began back in November 2015.
However, work is due to come to an end in the coming days, with units then set to be handed over to their tenant companies ready to be kitted out.
With handover looming, project manager Bob Cooper, of Dawnus Construction, today gave reporter Sam Frost and photographer Mark Atherton a guided tour of the eagerly-awaited leisure hub.
Many of the restaurants, including Mimosa, Preto and Pizza Express are ready for fitting, while the finishing touches are being done to the units set aside for Nando’s and Costa Coffee.
You may also want to watch:
The first restaurants could be ready to open within six weeks, though no firm date has been confirmed.
The complex will also be home to an eight-screen Cineworld cinema, which will feature large screens of around 9m tall and steep seating to provide an ideal view.
MORE: Five exciting projects to be completed in Weston in 2017The development is being carried out by Dawnus on behalf of McLaren Life, and once complete individual retailers will complete their own fitting process.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 8 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 9 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
For more on Dolphin Square, pick up a copy of the Mercury on Thursday.