FIRST LOOK: Weston’s Nando’s to open at Dolphin Square tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
After years of waiting, the first restaurant at Weston-super-Mare’s hotly-anticipated Dolphin Square complex will open tomorrow (Wednesday).
Popular chain restaurant Nando’s will become the second unit to open at the £45million leisure complex, with neighbouring bingo café Luda welcoming customers from yesterday (Monday).
The redevelopment of the former market and independent shops has been plagued by years of uncertainty and delays, and Weston’s business and political leaders will be breathing a collective sigh of relief now Westonians are using the new Dolphin Square.
Nando’s will be followed by the likes of Pizza Express – which will open on November 30 – Prezo, Preto, and Mimosa, in addition to an eight-screen Cineworld cinema with its curtains set to roll back in January.
Simon Benham, general manager of Weston Nando’s, told the Mercury he is ‘really excited’ to open for business.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s been a long time in the planning and we’re really excited to finally open the doors.
“We bring a branded restaurant, and a bit of excitement to Weston. This is something new and we will add spice to the restaurants of Weston.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
The opening of the 144-capacity eatery, which specialises in peri-peri chicken dishes, has created 30 jobs.
Demand to both work and eat at the restaurant has been very high, according to Mr Benham.
He added: “The response we’ve had via social media has been huge.
“The excitement levels are high and we were overwhelmed with applications for work too.
“We’ve put together quite a large team quite quickly. They’ve had some great training and they’re very excited to be working here.
“The space is really good. We’ve got some iconic lighting, which in the evening looks really stunning, and the interior with all the African lighting is looking really beautiful.
“We’re looking forward to when the whole site is completed and open and there’s a real buzz around the site.
“But it’s great for us to be the first ones opening. We’re really happy to attract people to Dolphin Square.”